Financial Controller Asia Department: Finance & Accounting
Reports to: Managing Director
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Financial Controller has the overall responsibility for managing, controlling, and executing the finance & accounting function for the three Asia entities
The Financial Controller actively supports the management teams and the business; provides useful insights to help execute financial and operational strategy, and to deliver innovative and cost-effective business solutions to meet the company’s objectives.
The main responsibilities are, with the support of the local finance team, to manage all;
- Timely complete statutory financial statements and statutory corporate housekeeping obligations.
- Review, challenge and approve payment runs.
- Follow up cash positions; review and challenge their cash flow forecasts.
- Manage the FP&A/Control functions at local level.
- Report actual and forecast, explain variances, and provide executive management with recommendations;
- Gather, calculate, create, and generate operational reports to display metrics and provides analyses as needed.
- Lead Budget exercise together with CEO/MD
Tax and Audit activities
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Manage relations with external third parties (banks, credit companies, administrations, ...).
- Ensure group policies are correctly applied (CoA, revenue recognition, transfer pricing, …)
- Act as a liaison officer with the holding for corporate housekeeping, cash, audit and reporting matters, and for specific finance projects.
Leadership and Business contribution
- Assess systems and processes performance; recommend and/or implement changes to improve the overall performance of the finance function. Ensure best practices are in place for internal control and compliance.
- Contribute to overall improvements to the whole company performance: close partnership with other functions like HR, Sales, Purchasing, … breaking the silos.
- Lead and manage a team: lead by example, and provide employees with encouragement, coaching, guidance, feedback, training, and skill development.
- Maintains an atmosphere of compliance, respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, humility, good humour, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfil the company vision.
- As a permanent member, actively participate to the activities of the Management Team and act as a finance business partner to support the regional business activities.
- Act as a sparring partner to the CEO/MD: guide and advise on financial and general business matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Required Education / Experience
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration
- 15+ years' professional track record of progressively responsible experience in financial leadership roles
- Exposure to international environment
- EPR Experience, IT mindset
- Successful experience in a people management role (proven ability to lead, motivate, mentor and coach teams to deliver high-impact results)
Preferred Education / Experience
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience in a project-based industrial company
- Experience in a corporate setting or CPA firm
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent finance and accounting skills, with keen understanding and thorough knowledge of accounting practices including financial reporting, cash flow, budgeting, risk management, tax, and audit functions and so forth; must have up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Must have strong problem solving and critical thinking mindset with focus on compliance and transparency.
- Proven ability to gather and analyse information and data skilfully and demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy; must be able to raise appropriate questions to drive decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; able to collaborate and cooperate with colleagues; proficiency at developing relationships with employees and all levels of management and identifying, growing, and managing relationships with vendor partners and auditors required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a multi-skilled, multi-cultural team and drive implementation of financial and risk management strategies necessary.
- Display a strong industrial business acumen.
- Excellent organizational, reporting and management skills required; capable of effective planning and priority setting; must possess strong negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement necessary; must be able to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programmes, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work and achieve goals independently and efficiently as well as be a strong collaborative partner necessary.
- English fluency with excellent verbal and written communication, and effective listening skills and appropriate interpersonal skills necessary.
- Must be proficient in MS Office suite and have ERP experience (e.g. D365).
- Customer Focus
- Driving Execution for Results
- Leading Change
- Building Trust
- Leading Teams
- Operational Decision Making
- Building Organizational Talent
- Continuous Learning
- Business Savvy
- Optimizing Diversity