Project - Lead Process Engineer
To independently define concepts, critical deliverables, lead, plan, manage, control, approve and deliver engineering deliverables required for the assigned project effectively and efficiently according to project-specific technical requirements, timelines, budget, manage project resources and independently deal with and resolve all Process related technical issues of the project, and provide guidance to the assigned team.
- Understands the specific technical requirements of the assigned project (may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore assignment) and Industry Standards, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Plans and directs the running of application software such as process simulation and other in-house software programs for Safety valve sizing, control valve sizing and line sizing etc., exposure to dispersion and transient analysis software, reviews and approves the calculations/deliverables.
- Directs other Engineers in the team to develop engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets, etc.) specific to the assigned project, reviews them and validates with the Section Lead, Project Managers and Client before incorporating them in the RFQs.
- Independently evaluates all the bids received for process and utility packages from various suppliers, performs or directs others to perform a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost estimation, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Independently manages/develops/provides advice on solutions to technical/engineering and related issues by reviewing the issues/data and analysis and evaluating various options/measures using expert knowledge, seasoned experience and precedents and professional references where necessary.
- Reports any deviation from standard specification and practices, concept change to Section Lead and seeks his approval on the solution.
- Anticipates potential problems and takes preventive actions and independently handles variations in project execution. Develop unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include new design concept.
- Visits critical process suppliers, checks, and tests process items to ensure that they function as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the concerned suppliers/contractors to rectify the issues and ensures that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time.
- Leads/participates in meetings, reviews progress of projects and addresses complex interface/implementation/execution issues to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Reviews progress of projects and address complex interface/implementation/execution issues to ensure that the projects proceed timely and smoothly. Plans and organizes resources and schedules.
- Provides technical/engineering support and expert advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, directs troubleshooting and follow-up actions with stakeholders to rectify the gaps or problems. Handles more complex issues, and where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Independently prepares Facility startup procedures, finalizes with Operations team input, and provides expert advice / guidance / trouble shooting for facility startup at Offshore.
- Complies with the relevant clauses of HSEQ Code of Conduct as described in the HSEQ Policies, HSEQ Standards, and HSEQ Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times.
- Participates and provides design input in project risk management studies viz: HAZID, HAZOP, SIL assessment & guide engineers in closing out all Process related comments/action items.
- Reports to Process Section Lead. On any matters relating to the assigned project, reports to the Project Engineering Manager.
- Supervises Process Engineers on technical matters.
- Deals occasionally with suppliers on Process Packages' technical, engineering and delivery aspects.
- Deals with Client to resolve Technical queries that arise during the due course of the project.
- Occasionally, the job holder needs to perform certain degree of research and network with other industry experts to arrive at a solution.
- Deals with internal stakeholders (such as Lead engineers/senior engineers/engineers of I&C, Electrical, Telecommunication, Mechanical, Piping, Outfitting etc.) on technical matters..
- Often deals with CLASS and Regulatory Agencies to respond to queries on and resolve technical and engineering inputs.
Qualifications & Experience
Educational Qualification: Bachelor or Master of Chemical Engineering or equivalent
Minimum 12 years of relevant working experience in Process engineering in oil and gas sector for a Bachelor’s degree holder or minimum 11 years of relevant working experience for Master’s degree holder. Direct work experience on FPSO/FSO projects.
- MS Office
- AVEVA Engineering
- Process simulation (e.g., UNISIM Design, etc.)
- Flare system hydraulics (e.g., UNISIM Flare, etc.)
- Piping system transient analysis and hydraulics (e.g., Flowmaster, etc.)
- Fire water system hydraulics (e.g., Pipenet, etc.)
- Separation vessel performance (e.g., MySep, etc.)