Our client in the O&G sector are currently looking for a SENIOR FRONT END/PROCESS ENGINEER – Downstream and Energy transition.
The purpose of job is to produce deliverables under the direction/supervision of a Lead/Principal Engineer, particularly in the field of downstream, Oil & Gas facilities and Energy Transition. This involves performing design calculations, assisting in the performance of engineering and field development studies, and assisting and training Junior Engineers when required.
JOB MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and disseminate within the operational entity a specific experience and know-how of Energy Transition studies (Blue and Green H2 derivatives, CCUS, energy intermittency management).
- Assist Lead to execute project by producing necessary deliverables.
- Act as stand-by lead on projects when necessary
- Manage and support smooth interfacing within discipline team and across multi discipline engineering team / Client /PMT
- Execute project within budgeted cost and schedule
With the support of Subject Matter Experts and Community of Practices members, develop master plan,conceptual studies and pre-FEED for Oil & Gas facilities, downstream facilities, Blue and Green H2 and derivatives facilities, CCUS facilities, and other Energy Transition projects.
- Assist with preparation & checking of Engineering deliverables;
- Contribute to Basis for Design and Project Specifications;
- Assist in performing Engineering Studies;
- Running of engineering software (Hysys, Unisym, ADEPT…);
- Performing engineering calculations (Production of engineering documents (e.g. PFD’s, Equipment list, utility Summaries).
- Production of technical notes for reporting of study results.
- Support development of the team for the subject (downstream, energy transition)
- Support business capture strategies including business development activities and bid preparation
- Participate in global initiatives such as CoPs and regional activities
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
The job holder must have:
- Relevant Engineering degree or equivalent;
- BSC, Chartered Engineer;
- Minimum 10-15 years experience, mostly in the downstream/refining industry, syngas and syngas derivatives.
- Strong interest in new technologies related to energy transition: CCS, Low Carbon solution, Green and Blue H2, Energy intermittency management.
- Good computer literacy with particular competence in MS office software.
- Full command of English language written and spoken;
- Extensive knowledge of designing of oil and gas processing facilities, including utilities and offsites;
- Familiar with the ecomic parameters and criteria of O&G and petrochemical plants, and good understanding of the CAPEX elements.
- and analysis of steady state for process plant;
- Ability to assess key uncertainties impacting process system development;
- Understanding of offshore process engineering preferred