Sr Pipeline Engineer - FEA
About The Role:
Your main missions and responsibilities will be to:
- Understand the technical data and discipline work instructions
- Identify personnel development path and training needs
- Assist with annual appraisals as per company’s annual Human Resource policy.
- Follow project management instructions to ensure completion of project is in accordance with project requirements, relevant laws, regulations and codes.
- Reviews job scope and provides estimates, where necessary for activity completion.
- Prepares detailed schedules for applicable engineering activities.
- Reviews and checks applicable project specifications.
- Develops and analyses engineering solutions to specific job requirements.
- Prepares and checks equipment/material specifications / data sheets.
- Prepares and checks calculations, where necessary.
- Provides technical bid evaluations input.
- Liaises with other disciplines for applicable engineering interfaces.
- Reviews and approves all relevant data.
- Participates in engineering co-ordination/progress meetings, and ensures corrective actions are taken when necessary.
Participates in safety and design review meetings, where necessary.
Catch this opportunity and invest on your skills development, should your profile meets these requirements.
Ideal Qualifications & Experience:
- Engineering degree qualified –Pipeline / Mechanical / Civil Engineering or Equivalent.
- Ideally 10years experience in offshore/subsea pipeline engineering in FEED or detailed design projects, particularly he/she must have minimum 8years experience in subsea/offshore pipeline global buckling and walking design and associated advance pipeline engineering
- Hands-on experience in ABAQUS (FEA) and associated software/tools (Buckfast etc.) to perform pipeline global buckling and walking analysis and he or she should have executed at least 5 pipeline projects (medium to large projects) that involved FEA pipeline global buckling and walking design and strain-based and fatigue designs according to latest DNV / Safebuck standards.
- Ideally having experience in deterministic and probabilistic methods / VAS and should have latest technical know-how and well versed with latest technical publication/papers/ research works with regards to pipeline global buckling and walking design
- Candidate should be familiar with other pipeline design software such as DNV-OS-F-101, AGA, DNV Stablelines, Offpipe/ Orcaflex, Sage, Autopipe, DNV Fatfree and Ansys, and Mathcad, MS office tools.
- Good exposure to pipeline design – pipeline design basis, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability design, coating selection, cathodic protection design, free span and on-bottom roughness analysis, crossing design, shore approach design, riser & expansion spool design and installation analysis, and pipeline route selection
- Exposure to clad / lined pipelines, piggy back / bundle pipelines,sour service pipelines,long trunk or export lines
- Candidate should be familiar with subsea structure designs such as risers & spools / PLET / in-line structures. related pipeline global buckling and walking issues.
- Candidate should be familiar with pipeline design standards & codes – ASME, API, DNV, ISO etc.
- Ideally will have full working rights in Malaysia