Our client is the world leading lifestyle and utility app and a leading VOD streaming platform company. They are headquartered in Singapore with presence in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Dhaka.
Key job responsibilities
- You build confidence in a direction with your engineering and PM partners before acting.
- You can do research to validate your own work if necessary.
- You assist PMs and more senior designers/writers in bringing larger strategic vision work to life (e.g. by creating mocks, designing decks, and writing documents).
- You consider all constraints in your designs (like dark mode and localisation, hover/focus, and shortcuts).
- You go beyond click-through prototypes and incorporate animations and transitions across various interactions.
- You can recall internal properties/style guides of systems and explain them to stakeholders.
- You are comfortable collaborating with engineering and PM partners to understand a system completely and improve it.
- You work with marketing to craft clear, compelling value props for your features.
- You contribute to the UX writing style guide.
- You lead meetings effectively and could represent our brands well externally.
- You have a clear process: it’s easy for work partners to know your priorities and predict the cadence of your work.
- You maintain an open mindset toward changes and challenges, looking for how you can help and grow.
- You understand how your work contributes to the business and prioritise accordingly.
- You participate in road mapping and planning conversations.
- You address post-launch issues and make suggestions to improve your impact.
- You offer suggestions on how our product and processes can improve and help implement solutions.
- You suggest and implement team culture improvements.
- At least 3 years experience in UX design for mobile applications (native iOS/Android)
- A deep understanding of the design thinking process (discover, define, develop, deliver)
- Ability to work in a high-growth environment and in cross-functional teams
- Experience launching new features will be highly useful
- Experience in broadcast (SVOD, news, or streaming video services) product management is an advantage
- Experience owning technology products as a product manager or owner is an advantage
- Developing business cases for new product opportunities and product constructs
- Scaling and iterating from MVPs over the product life cycle and adoption to new market segments
- Customer service experience, especially with customer success & actively leveraging qualitative/quantitative data from market research, UX research, and business analysts
- Familiar with freemium and subscription business models
- Familiar with the mobile advertising ecosystem
- Beneficial fields of study (but not required): behavioural economics, finance, product management, app/game/web design, international business, business degrees
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through user-centred, data-informed insights