Design HSE Engineer
- • As the lead Fire and Gas Engineer/Design HSE Engineer, it is your responsibility to review, coordinate with the client, M&E consultant, and third-party consultant about Design HSE Studies and/or Fire & Gas design.
- • Ensure the calibre of the work produced by outside consultants and the prompt delivery of projects.
- • In charge of the engineering and procurement tasks; additionally, the construction and commissioning team may need assistance from you.
- • In charge of assisting with proposal execution, including preparing a thorough and appealing technical write-up and estimating costs and labour hours.
- • Design Engineer HSE cum The following tasks are to be carried out by the fire and gas engineer:
- - Create documents such as the Design HSE Plan and Design HSE Studies Schedule relating to Design HSE studies.
Selection and appointment of consultants for the Design HSE Studies and coordination work with the involvement in the preparation of input/output design documents analysis, reports including but not limited to the following desktop studies and review sessions:
- HER & Bow-Tie
- Gas Dispersion Study
- Alarm Rationalization Study
- F&G Mapping
- Fire Protection System Design Basis / Philosophies
- Fire water network hydraulic calculations
- Fire protection equipment layout
- Fire and Gas cause-and-effect diagrams
- Fire and Gas detection layouts
- Fire fighting and safety equipment specifications
- Passive fire protection layouts
- Fire and Gas Design & Control Philosophies
- Fire Risk Analysis Study
- Other safety engineering deliverables
- Installation/pre-commissioning activities and BOMBA matters
BOMBA submission and approval matter – FSDP, Active Submission and BOMBA site functional testing and inspection.
Prepare procedures for testing and pre-commissioning activities, site coordination work between sub-contractors and vendors, construction team and owners
- Ideally will possess a Chemical or Mechanical Engineering background from a recognized University or equivalent.
- More than 10 years of engineering design experience in Design HSE studies for Onshore Petrochemical, plants, refineries, or terminals.
- Proven engineering design experience in Fire Protection Systems and Fire & Gas Detection System Engineering Design, or both.
Possess qualification on Fire Safety
Willingness to travel to Site to support commissioning activity and BOMBA inspection.
Possess positive working attitude in acquiring basic knowledge of multitude engineering disciplines – Chemical, Instrument, Electrical, Mechanical, Piping Design and Civil.
Good skills and experience to operate Auto-CAD is an added advantage.
PC literate (Ms Word / Excel / PowerPoint / MS Project).
Ability to work in teams and posses excellent interpersonal, communication/presentation and report writing skills.