Dredging/Reclamation/ Civil Marine Works
- To execute dredging activities related to, dredging, reclamation and civil marine projects within deadline and budget available.
- Ensure high quality, safety and environmental standards.
- Focus on business priorities while meeting customer demands.
- Description of activities and key responsibilities of the function
- Manage day to day dredging activities on a project.
- Provide the works manager with input for the development of the detailed project plan.
- Ensure that dredging activities are executed as per the project plan.
- Manage cost efficiently dredging activities and provide Works manager on a weekly basis with financial reports.
- Provide weekly report to the Works Manager on milestones, work/ done, progress, budget, issues and planning.
- Ensure that QA/HSE requirements and procedures are observed onsite.
- Ensure optimal usage and functioning of equipment in close cooperation and consultation with the Technical department.
- Assess performance and suggest efficiency improvement activities.
- Identify risks and appropriate mitigations; escalate if necessary to Works
- Manage and update project documentation on site
- Monitor , evaluate and control activities of subcontractors.
- Provide leadership and guidance towards dredge supervisors and Sr. dredge masters.
- Ensure cooperation between project team members and a smooth data/ information transfer to internal and if applicable, external stakeholders.
- Cooperate constructively, efficiently and effectively cooperate with colleagues and subordinates e.g. dredge, rock works, survey and technical divisions, onsite.
- Coordinate and plan optimal staffing for dredging related activities.
- Provide Works Manager with input and advise on staffing needs following human resource procedures and processes
- Cooperate constructively, efficiently and effectively with Technical-, QA/HSE-, Estimation & Operational Advisory departments.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
- Degree in Technical or any relevant qualifications or equivalent
- Minimum 08 to 10 years of experience with Dredging and Reclamation project
- Previously engaged in large scale Dredging projects, not limited to capital and maintenance dredging as Dredge Superintendent and Works Manager
- Experienced handling Dredge operations with propelled and self-propelled TSHD, CSD and BHD.
- Experience with Dredging production parameters of dredgers
- Experience with Floating and Sinker Pipeline operations