Position: Construction Manager
Responsible to strategize, drive, manage, organise and direct activities pertaining to the construction works and project deliverables by optimising resources, exercising strict cost control with primarily responsibility of coordination between various internal and external organisation / activities, interfacing with client and monitoring to ensure project results are delivered in accordance with project specification, safety and quality requirements.
- Responsible to drive, manage and control project to ensure project’s deliverables meet the targeted completion schedule, within budget, comply with industry standards / regulations and meet clients’ satisfaction.
- In charge of managing construction, and as such operates as the focal person to contact for construction matters to project management team and subcontractor.
- Coordinate the review, comment and approval of subcontractors’ technical documentation, procedures and drawings in line with project requirements. Ensure the documents are received on time and Contractor / Company’s comments timely addressed.
- Organise the subcontractors’ kick-off and pre-induction meetings or any meetings as necessary to resolve technical or commercial issues.
- Responsible for all project activities in the role of acting Project Manager in the temporary absence of Project Manager.
- Responsibility for the on-site training of subordinate personnel. He will implement a job progression program for the purpose of ensuring a constant source of experience is available at all times to cover for absences.
- He shall assist Project Manager on presentation to the Management’s visitors at worksite during the
Management Field Visit (MFV), Site Visit Inspection (SIV), incident investigation and any other associated visits.
- Shall be conversant in the terms and conditions set herein the contract with reviewed the work scope, be wellversed with contract requirements and execute the work accordance with the requirement including promote and upgrade the safety awareness of all the crew working under him.
- To liaise with other sections such as QAQC, procurement, engineering, fabrication team and administration for any necessary input for the execution of the project.
- Attending the weekly general tool-box briefing and site walkabout, a member of HSE committee and regularly attending the morning toolbox briefing.
Work Allocation (Material and Labour)
- Responsible to strategize, manage and control project teams.
- Strategize project procurement activities and liaise with procurement executive to ensure products purchased are delivered on-time at the budgeted costs.
- Ensure project team / subcontractors execute the works in accordance with the subcontract requirements.
- Organise and coordinate the worksite supervision. Follow up the progress and quality of the works by implementing a relevant site reporting.
- Shall continually monitor the status of the work to ensure it is being done in the most efficient manner and that all materials / consumables are available.
- Execute project planning and work closely with project planner to ensure that all project activities are completed on schedule and meet clients’ specifications.
- Manage all project contract agreements to ensure all parties abide to the contract terms and conditions and negotiate with client to minimise cost implication.
- Review and verify subcontractor’s invoice.
- Collect all required back-up documentations to claim the main contract payment milestones relevant to the subcontract.
- Ensure the final documentation is received on time and in accordance with the project requirements.
- Review project progress / performance reports and recommend corrective measures to rectify shortcomings (project delay, cost overrun, client’s dissatisfaction, LTI) to Project Manager for information / decision making and to clients on project status.
- Monitor the progress of each discipline activities to ensure timely delivery. Establish an adequate reporting structure in liaison with Project Planner. Proposed and enforce mitigations measures in case of delay.
- Prepare an internal close out report including all relevant data such as production rate, etc and main lessons learned.
- Shall ensure that proper, records / registers are kept updated. These records shall relate to movable items, stock, tools and equipment’s, lifting equipment and crew roster / schedules.
- Shall ensure that all project documentation and status reporting are planned accurately and timely.
- Responsible to drive, control and resolve issues related to physical works of the project.
- Implementation and inculcate HSE initiatives in construction projects in all its work area, project management team members and workers and develop HSE as MEB engineering and construction work culture.
- Inculcate and promote project HSE culture at fabrication site and ensure follow-up by the HSE officers.
- Ensure that all his personnel are fully conversant with safe working practices and that such are implemented. He will be a prominent member of the project safety committee.
- Maintain a healthy and conducive work environment in engineering and construction projects that encourages cohesiveness and commitment among project management team members and workers and promote global championship mind-set to improve productivity and to maintain high standards of service.
- Provide leadership direction and guidance to motivate and nurture potential qualified leaders in construction project management team for breakthrough performance to take MEB to greater heights.
Client / Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Develop and maintain business relationships with project customers who include clients, authorities, partners and associates with the objective to deliver project that meet customers’ satisfactions and to expedite payment recovery.
- Min. Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Min. 12 years’ relevant experience in fabrication and construction of O&G facilities.
- Min. 5 years’ experience as Construction/Fabrication Manager undertaken at least one (1) project either CPP/WHP/LWS platform.
- Possess strong leadership skills and hands-on knowledge in fabrication and installation of multi discipline activities.
- Must be safety conscious and proficient in daily planning and activities to meet project schedule.
- Willing to work 6 days from Monday to Saturday.
- Based location in Selangor.