Overall Job Purpose
To independently define the concepts, design, prepare and deliver fire protection system deliverables for the assigned project (may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore assignment) effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and budget, and independently deal with and resolve all issues of the project.
- Understands the project-specific specifications and requirements of the assigned project (may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore assignment) and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Develops design philosophies, engineering specifications, PFD and P&ID drawings (for fire water pump system, fire water network, deluge system, foam system and gaseous fire fighting system), Shadow drawings of firewater & foam System, Layout of fire protection system (such as hydrant, monitor, hose reel, deluge system or extinguisher and fire & gas devices), Passive fire protection( Fireproofing ) zone diagram, data sheets of fire fighting equipment, fire water demand calculations, hydraulic calculation and equipment sizing specific to the assigned project and validates them with the Lead Engineer.
- Independently evaluates the fire protection aspect of all the bids received for packages from various suppliers, involves in technical bid evaluation process to ensure that selected vendors meet technical/engineering requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment in consultation with Lead Engineer to the Package Engineer.
- Independently prepares the technical reports (fire water demand calculation, fire water hydraulic calculation as per NFPA), line list, set point list and fire & gas system C&E for the assigned project.
- Independently develops solutions to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references.
- Participates in safety meetings, explains the fire protection system to the committee and closes the observations and recommendations in a timely manner.
- Participates in key stakeholder (Client / Supplier / Sub‐contractor / Class) meetings, reviews stakeholders’ documents and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, and escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides off‐site support and advice.
- Is responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, entering in lessons learned system, and closing out project related lessons learned actions.
- Bachelor or higher degree in chemical engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in firefighting engineering in oil and gas sector for graduates or at least 12 years of relevant working experience for diploma holders.
- Experience in engineering company or EPC contractor is required
- Must be familiar with the applicable industry standards (NFPA, API) and Classification Society code (ABS, DNV), Company standards, specifications and procedures for his/her functional area.