Overall Job Purpose
To independently handle the piping activities, prepare, manage, and produce the critical engineering deliverables for the assigned project (that may include short-term assignment to Construction, Commissioning, and Offshore) effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines and within budget, and deal independently with and resolve all the issues of the project.
- Works independently to perform the assigned task and develops a solution to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issue or data, interpreting the analysis, and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents, and professional references with minimal or no supervision or guidance.
- Understands technical requirements of project specifications and standards, local statutory and regulatory requirements, Classification society requirements, and applicable codes and standard industry practices to carry out the piping activities and prepare piping deliverables for assigned projects.
- Carries out the pipe wall thickness calculations using applicable design code.
- Prepares the piping material specification, valve specification, piping design specification, criteria for pipe supports, and pipe support specification by using and modifying the company corporate specifications suitably to match the project-specific requirements.
- Prepares piping fabrication specification, piping insulation specification, and flange management specification (bolt torquing and tensioning) by using the company corporate specifications and modifying these to meet the project requirement.
- Prepares bill of materials for piping bulk items (like pipe, flanges, and fittings), valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, and pipe support materials.
- Provides piping weight inputs for weight control reports.
- Prepares data sheets for process-critical and non-critical piping specialty items obtaining the process parameters required for designing and manufacturing process-critical items.
- Prepares requisitions for piping bulk items, valves, piping specialty items, gaskets, stud bolts and nuts, spring supports, cargo tank heating coil (marine), and valve remote control system (marine) and performs a technical evaluation of bids received from various suppliers to ensure shortlisted vendors meet technical requirements as per project specifications, and provides an assessment on technically acceptable bids for Buyer to follow up tender evaluation further to conclude and award the purchaser order.
- Conducts kick-off meetings with successful suppliers to ensure a clear understanding of scope supply, technical requirements, documentation, and delivery conditions to enable the supplier to execute the work strictly as per purchase order, reviews supplier drawings / documents, and shares the relevant data with engineering contractor to get it incorporated in piping layout design.
- Works closely with suppliers/contractors concerned to resolve technical issues, and visits supplier’s manufacturing facilities to witness the FAT, where necessary.
- Provides technical support and advice to construction yard and commissioning work at the site. Where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Supports the Lead Piping Engineer and assists in preparing lessons learned during the course of execution of the project for further processing through MIMS.
- Shares the knowledge and experience with team members and guides the engineers in carrying out the assigned task in right and efficiently.
- HSEQ Requirements and Code of Conduct:
- HSEQ: Complies with the relevant clauses of company HSEQ Code of Conduct as described in the HSEQ Policies, HSEQ Standards, and HSEQ Procedures to protect people and the environment at all times. Has a duty of care to ensure that all personnel work in a manner that is not harmful to their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Compliance: Complies with the company Group Policy Code of Business Conduct and Ethics at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering or Master of Engineering. Alternatively Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with relevant years of experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience in piping engineering in the oil and gas sector, preferably in FPSO or Offshore processing facilities for graduates or a minimum of 12 years of relevant working experience for diploma holders. For a Masters degree holder, a minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience.
- MS Office, AutoCAD, E3D, Navisworks, CAESAR-II.