Overall Job Purpose
To independently define concepts and critical deliverables, plan, manage, direct, control, approve and deliver engineering deliverables required in multiple projects effectively and efficiently according to specified technical requirements, timelines and budget, manage project resources and independently deal with and resolve all Process related technical issues of the project, and provide guidance to the assigned teams.
- Understands the specific technical requirements of the assigned projects (may include Construction, Commissioning and Offshore assignment) and Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements.
- Plans and directs the running of application software such as process simulation and other in-house software programs for Safety valve sizing, control valve sizing and line sizing etc., exposure to dispersion and transient analysis software, reviews and approves the calculations / deliverables prepared by Engineers /Senior Engineers/Lead Engineers.
- Directs other Engineers in the team to develop engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets, etc) specific to the assigned projects, reviews them and validates with the Project Managers and client before incorporating them in the RFQs.
- Independently evaluates bids received for special process packages from suppliers, performs or directs others to perform a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost estimation, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process.
- Approves drawings and documents from team members as well as 3rd party-generated study reports and ensures the timely provision of accurate documents and specifications to the vendor/sub-contractor to enable thee to execute their work and deliverables.
- Independently manages/develops/provides advice on solutions to technical/engineering and related issues by reviewing the issues/data and analysis and evaluating various options/measures using expert knowledge, seasoned experience and precedents and professional references where necessary.
- Reports any deviation from the company standard specifications and practices, concept change to Department manager and seek his approval on the solution.
- Anticipates potential problems and takes preventive actions and independently handles variations in project execution. Develop unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include new design concept.
- Visits critical process suppliers, checks and tests process items to ensure that they function as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the concerned suppliers/contractors to rectify the issues and ensures that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time.
- Leads/participates in meetings, reviews progress of projects and addresses complex interface/implementation/execution issues to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Independently evaluate the Process requirement for all packages in Marine & Topside, contributes to technical bid evaluation process, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications
- Reviews progress of projects and addresses complex interface/implementation/execution issues to ensure that the projects proceed timely and smoothly.Plans and organizes resources and schedule.
- Provides technical/engineering support and expert advice to Construction/Commissioning, Offshore work at site, directs trouble shooting and follow up actions to rectify the gaps or problems. Handles more complex issues, and where necessary, provides off-site support and advice.
- Independently prepares Facility startup procedures, finalizes with Operations team input and provides expert advice/guidance / trouble shooting for facility startup at Offshore
- Guides/supervises junior Engineers and provides feedback to Department Manager for their performance.
- Ideally hold a BSc in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant working experience in Process engineering in oil and gas sector.
- Direct work experience on FPSO/FSO projects, min 3 projects of mega size, and market practices in the oil and gas sector.
- Must be conversant with the applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures for his/her functional area.
- Language(s) and Software: List any special language requirement besides English and also any fundamental software skill(s) required by this job
- MS Office
- AVEVA Engineering
- Process simulation (e.g., UNISIM Design, etc.)
- Flare system hydraulics (e.g., UNISIM Flare, etc.)
- Piping system transient analysis and hydraulics (e.g., Flowmaster, etc.)
- Fire water system hydraulics (e.g., Pipenet, etc.)
- Separation vessel performance (e.g., MySep, etc.)