- The job involves working with Technical, Quality and R&D personnel from the different APAC countries as well as the global teams hence engages in a multicultural work environment.
- This position has contacts with different types of customers – distributors, end-users, architects, developers and project managers .
- This job may require international travel when needed.
- Competition in the talent market is fierce, both attracting and retaining talents
- In close collaboration with the sales team, develops improvements on existing products and/or new products, which have high market potential for Malaysia.
- Conduct benchmarking study against competitors’ products.
- Conduct raw material evaluation, cost effectiveness study on raw materials/formulation.
- Develop complete TDS and SDS library.
- Develop testing methods in accordance to Industrial Standard.
- Reviews conformance of products, raw materials and packaging materials to standard specifications
- Reviews and approves quality test reports of product returns inspection and corresponding recommendation.
- Ensure that new products developed meet customer’s expectations on quality and cost and that quality service is extended to internal and external customer on time.
Technical & Technical Service
- Coordinates with the Technical & R&D Managers of the other APAC countries in providing technical support to customers and developing technical education program through the Bostik Academy
- Manage the Bostik Academy training programs from attendee participation/invite in coordination with the commercial teams, programs and webinars in coordination with regional BU heads and global technical team, post-training evaluation report and tracking in coordination with marketing
- Develops and implement product and technical knowledge within the C&C organization as well as the customers in different methodologies
- Ensures fully trained and dedicated technical team is in place and head the Train the Trainers roll-out in MY
- Scans competitive S&B and W&F landscape in coordination with the commercial teams and coordinate internal/external benchmarks
- Supports demonstration program of new products in coordination with the SEA countries’ R&D/ Technical personnel as well as the SEA marketing team.
- Ensures the technical team works with the Sales teams in the effective conduct of customer complaints investigation and its resolution.
- Develops demand creation technical programs to assist sales men in delivering targets through product demonstration and conversion.
- Organizes regular presentations, trainings and technical service support to the customers.
- Supports and assists the sales men, and other related internal departments, in the effective conduct of customer complaints investigation and its resolution.
- Provides customers with solutions to develop, trouble shoot and optimize such processes and usage of products to include mock-ups.
- Renders investigation reports regarding product and application complaints, prepares recommended application methodologies, and other related documents.
- Takes charge in preparing and providing applied product samples (coordination with designated sample producer).
- Ensure integrity of documents Quality Assurance
- Reviews conformance of products, raw materials and packaging materials to standards specifications
- Approves quality inspection reports of products for exports
- Approves quality inspection reports of imported/local trade products
- Reviews and approves quality test reports of product returns inspections and corresponding recommendation
- Ensures that product manufactured meet standards specifications in items of quality, quantity and set processing time
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Standard Work Instructions (SWI) are implemented and regularly reviewed for continual improvement.
- Maintains/updates records of ISO related documents in the Document Control Center (DCC)
- Act as quality champion for the plants
- Review non quality cost/quality index of plant and initiate corrective/improvement actions